Account verification letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account verification letter

Does any one have format of the Account verification letter ? I got one with the following details printed on the bank's letter head and signed by the banking officer.

Letter addressed to US consualte chennai India with the below details.

1. Name and address of account holders
    2. Account opening date
    3. Current balance in checking and savings account

I read somewhere that average yearly balance is a required item. Is it true ?

My husband is sposoring for my parents, and we both have joint account, while i hold another individual account of mine. But since my husband is sponsoring he is going to show only the joint account balance. So in the account verification letter it mentions both our names. Is this fine?

4. Also in I134 for bank balance question, should we mention only the balance in our joint account since my husband is the sponsorer, and thats the only account he holds, or can we mention our combined balance (including my individual account balance). If so, then do we need to get account verification letter mentioning our joint bank balance as well as my individual account balance?

Thanks and regards

Hi
    Usually, banks are aware of this kind of a letter and the format in which they give the letter should be fine. It can be unique to a particular bank. However, they will only include details that you ask for. In addition to the items you have mentioned, average yearly balance is a required item. This is show that you did not transfer funds to this account just a few days before the interview. If you have enough funds to show in your joint account (atleast $5000 for each person you sponsor), then this account alone should be fine. You need not mention your individual account. It only makes sense since your husband is the sponsor. Also, in the I134 you can mention the balance in your joint account. That way it is consistent with the bank letter that you will provide.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Same

Thanks for the reply. All the while mine and my husband's joint account didn had sufficient balance ( used to be less than 3k for last 6-7 months), i recently transferred some big amount from my individual account to our joint account(which would be like a month before the interview ). My parents interview date is on June 21. So in this case now i am worried if it would pose a problem when i get yearly balance updated in the account verification letter, as they would know that the amount was recently transferred to the account.

Please advice as if there's any limit for average yearly balance, or the duration within which the funds must have not been transferred to the sponsor's account.

If questioned by the VO during interview, can my parents tell that their daughter transferred fromm her individual account to the joint account?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X