DS156 and DS157 querry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS156 and DS157 querry

1)Could you please let me know what do we enter for the phone numbers if they are not applicable to us in DS156 form ( question 16, for eg: if business and fax numbers are not applicable for my parents) what are we supposed to fill in, as i read somewhere that please do not leave blank for any of the questions in DS156 and DS157 forms.Also the form would not take NA or None as they expect only numbers. Please advice as what need to be filled in? Can we take a print out and then manually write as NA?

2)For question 20 in DS156 "Name and address of present employer or school", since its not applicable for my parents, as my father is retired and mother is housewife i entered as NA in the form, but when i take print out it shows blank. Do we need to manually write as NA later after taking the printout?

3) In DS157 form, there is a question for question 17 "List te educational institutions that you have attended" i do not know the phone number for the school studied by my mother. Please advice if we leave the section blank for phone number if we do not know, or do we need to enter as "NA" or "None". Please suggest what need to be done.

4) Can we edit the DS156 ( questions 15 and higher) any number of times before 2 days for the interview. Is this okay?

Originally posted by srian
    1)Could you please let me know what do we enter for the phone numbers if they are not applicable to us in DS156 form ( question 16, for eg: if business and fax numbers are not applicable for my parents) what are we supposed to fill in, as i read somewhere that please do not leave blank for any of the questions in DS156 and DS157 forms.Also the form would not take NA or None as they expect only numbers. Please advice as what need to be filled in? Can we take a print out and then manually write as NA?
    https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/
    /us-visa-and-immigration-forms/ds-157.html

section "Important things to remember when filling out application forms"

2)For question 20 in DS156 "Name and address of present employer or school", since its not applicable for my parents, as my father is retired and mother is housewife i entered as NA in the form, but when i take print out it shows blank. Do we need to manually write as NA later after taking the printout?
    same answer as previous question

3) In DS157 form, there is a question for question 17 "List te educational institutions that you have attended" i do not know the phone number for the school studied by my mother. Please advice if we leave the section blank for phone number if we do not know, or do we need to enter as "NA" or "None". Please suggest what need to be done.
    I assume your mother DOES remember the name of the school? And said school still exists? Because if it doesn't, it's a moot point. If it does . . . phone book maybe? Yellow Pages? Information services?

4) Can we edit the DS156 ( questions 15 and higher) any number of times before 2 days for the interview. Is this okay?
    No clue. I never had to. I didn't change my mind after filling it, and I had all the answers ready BEFORE I started filling one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X