Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 question

I had emailed the below questions to vfs
    1)Could you please let me know what do we enter for the phone numbers if they are not applicable to us in DS156 form ( question 16, for eg: if business and fax numbers are not applicable for my parents) what are we supposed to fill in, as i read somewhere that please do not leave blank for any of the questions in DS156 and DS157 forms.Also the form would not take NA or None as they expect only numbers. Please advice as what need to be filled in? Can we take a print out and then manually write as NA?

2)For question 20 in DS156 "Name and address of present employer or school", since its not applicable for my parents, as my father is retired and mother is housewife i entered as NA in the form, but when i take print out it shows blank. Do we need to manually write as NA later after taking the printout?

and here is the reply i got from them

Kindly enter zeros if numbers are not applicable to you.Please refresh your system and try it again. The site is best viewed with Internet Explorer 5.0 & above at a resolution 800X600.Use acrobat reader with latest version to download.

Ø Modification on the application forms is not allowed from Q- 1 to Q-14 on the DS 156. Only from Q-15 onwards modification is possible. For DS-157 & DS-158, there are no such restrictions. If you wish to modify:

ü Logon to our website. Go to apply for a nonimmigrant visa.

ü Go to retrieve/modify option.

ü Enter the HDFC Bank details and retrieve your application.

ü You can then modify DS-156 from (Q-15 onwards), DS-157, DS-158 (if applicable) and petition details.

But i already mailed the DS156 forms to India through FEDEX for their interview which is in June 3rd week, leaving the filed blank for phone numbers like Fax, business etc that are not applicable to our parents. Do i have to once again change them back to 0 in DS156 form online and send the corrected form again to India? or can i ask my parents to manually fill 0 for the phone nos that are left blank in DS156 and for question 20 , which would print blank inspite of choosing NA in the online form Please advice if this is really that important.

Would appreciate anyone who has attended interview to let me know as what you filled for these columns.Thanks

1. Those instructions are for paper form so that person does not leave out anything unintentionally.
    While filling the form online, it takes care of the required fields. Therefore, if you don't have business phone number or fax number, leave them blank. Don't mess with the printed form.

2. Same as above.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X