Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can two people apply as a family for interview and then travel on different dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can two people apply as a family for interview and then travel on different dates

Hi All,
    My husband and I are planning to apply for a tourist visa for my mother and mother-in-law. Since my mother-in-law cannot read fluently in our native langauge also and is not used to going alone anywhere, we are thinking of sending my mother and mother-in-law together as a family for the tourist visa interview. We called the US consulate in chennai and they informed us that they both can appear together as a family for interview.

My questions are -
    1. After they get their visas (hopefully), can they travel on different dates with few months gap in between. Is there any mark in the visa stamping that says that the visas were obtained as a group/family. Will the officer at port of entry be aware by looking at the visa that this visa is obtained as part of a group. Then when my mother travels few months later, she might have problems at the port of entry.

Any inputs please.

Thanks.

They can travel independently. Visa is for a person.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X