Parents got 10 yr visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents got 10 yr visa

Thanks to immihelp and other members here who helped us to gather all the information for my parents.

We had taken appointment with kannada translation at Chennai Consulate. But on the day of interview there was no Kannada translator, and they asked my father that there was a Telugu translator who could also speak some kannada.Fortunately my father is very fluent in both Telugu and kannada. VO was not Indian.VO was impressed that my father could speak many languages.

The VO and translators greeted them and had smiling face throughout the interview.

1)VO- Why are u going to US ?
    Father - Visit daughter and son-in-law

2)VO - How many children do you have and where are they ?
    Father - 3 daughters and 1 son.

3)VO - So you are retired ? Where did you work before?
    Father - told his past work details.

4)VO - What was your annual income ?
    Father - YYYY Rs

Interview was at 8.15 AM and they got out of consulate around 9.30 am

Then the translator said your interview is over and your passports will be couriered in 5 days smilingly.

The VO did not ask for a single document even though my parents had a big set of documents.The VO thanked and congratulated my father. My mother was not asked a single question.

Before the interview I was more tensed although my parents were calm and composed. Also my brother worked very hard to collect every single document. He worked on getting several affidavits, ration card running from pillar to post as its never straight forward when you deal with government institutions in India. Me and my husband conducted several mock interviews to my mother. I was thinking I could not get my father prepare that well as he is extremely busy even after retirement but my father got the gist of the whole process.Throughout the interview,my parents were very cool. I was worried since I had asked questions only once to my father and the fact that its the father that will be asked most questions. The plus was that my father has lot of experience in dealing with documents and legalities. So I had confidence in him and believed that he could manage to show them when asked. My dad did a great job at the interview even though I had told him only once on what to answer.

It was by God's grace, my parents preparation and immihelp's guidance that we got the visa. By the time my parents reached home the day after interview they got courier with their passports stamped with 10 yrs multiple entry visa

Question on Kannada Translator

Hello,
    Congrats on your parents visa stamp
    I would like to know how you were able to book a kannada appointment at Chennai. I am trying for my mother too.
    Could you inform?
    Thanks
    NSV

Comment

Dont worry

Hi,

We got appointment for Kannada translation from the vfs website. The thing is you need to constantly look at the website for open appointments. Sometimes they open bulk appointments for a week and they get taken within 2 or 3 days. Dont lose heart. Keep trying and you should able get the appointment in next month.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X