Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's name in passport

hi,

My mother's name in her passport and in my passport doesnt match. I have mentioned her alias name in my passport. I read the forums that we can take an affidavit for the same and carry it to the consulate.
    Can someone send me the format of the affidavit. My email id is [email protected]

I have another question, i have booked vistor visa appointment for my parents together. SHould they each carry the property affidavit or they can carry a joint property affidavit.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Aparna

They can carry joint property documents.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

nope - name mismatch doesn't matter

if the mother's name mismatches slightly it's okay
      you're not showing both the documents at the same time
      lot of times the way mother's name is spelt is varies in children's passports and mom's own
      us consulate does not object, usually

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aparna_m66 View Post
          hi,

My mother's name in her passport and in my passport doesnt match. I have mentioned her alias name in my passport. I read the forums that we can take an affidavit for the same and carry it to the consulate.
          Can someone send me the format of the affidavit. My email id is [email protected]

I have another question, i have booked vistor visa appointment for my parents together. SHould they each carry the property affidavit or they can carry a joint property affidavit.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Aparna
          How did you manage it? I am in similar situation. Your reply will be helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X