help w/ parents B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help w/ parents B2

i am intending to get my parents to visit me in the US. I am a citizen here.
    I see that visa fee etc need to be paid to HDFC.
    Now i went through all the documents that i need to send (i am the sponsor)
    As for visa application forms, DS-156 as well DS-157 need to be filled? They are available online. Can i fill them and send it to india for parents to sign? Or should i print them empty and send them w/ other package.
    thx all.

You can fill, print and send the forms along with other documents. Just make sure you sign the form (item 40 or something like that) as the person preparing the form.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki9999
      You can fill, print and send the forms along with other documents. Just make sure you sign the form (item 40 or something like that) as the person preparing the form.
      thx nikki.
      somewhere i read that DS-156 etc has ti be printed on only one paper , so both sides. NOT in 2 separate papers.
      Is this true? Any such fineprint elsewhere?
      thx
      andiron

Comment

Originally posted by nikki9999
        also i would like to know that to expedite the process should i fill up DS156,DS157 online here in US on behalf of parents in india? Is this a better idea.
        Thx
        andiron

Comment

You can fill it up and print them and send them as well.

They dont need to be single sheet of paper.

But I-134 has to be.

Comment

hi,
            i'm pretty sure that the DS 156 has to be on one sheet, front and back...that is how the machines are designed to read/record the applications at the Consulate, which is the same reason why they ask for specific photo requirements..the machines cannot read otherwise. better be safe than sorry..

aloha.

Comment

/us-visa-and-immigration-forms/state.html

reference

The machines read only the bar code since you generate the form online they have all the information in the bar code.

My brother in law had a successful interview in June and had no such issues.
              You need to have I-134 notarized that is why it needs to be on a single page

Comment

should i print out DS-156 and then fill up manually and send it to india or should i do it online after taking appointment thru VFS.
                i am thinking of at least 45 days gap for docs to reach india but you never know in india (docs don't reach)..so in case appt date for my parents near and and docs still not there , i will have to reschedule.
                but wait a moment..someone tells me rescheduling is no longer there so i have to cancel and then reapply??
                getting confused here.
                thx all

Comment

1. You need to fill in all the data in DS 156 and DS 157 online. Then take a print out (DS 156) on single sheet (front and back).
                  You should not fill in the data manually, you should take a print out of your online filled in application only. Hence, it is no problem, whether you take a print out in US or India.
                  But be sure someone signs in the (Q.No.40), if your parents donot understand English.

2. From 16th July, you can no longer postpone your visa interview. You can only cancel your interview date to get a new date. But remember, you can cancel your confirmed appointment only twice, after which your HDFC receipt will be deactivated for 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rathi
                    1. You need to fill in all the data in DS 156 and DS 157 online. Then take a print out (DS 156) on single sheet (front and back).
                    You should not fill in the data manually, you should take a print out of your online filled in application only. Hence, it is no problem, whether you take a print out in US or India.
                    But be sure someone signs in the (Q.No.40), if your parents donot understand English.

2. From 16th July, you can no longer postpone your visa interview. You can only cancel your interview date to get a new date. But remember, you can cancel your confirmed appointment only twice, after which your HDFC receipt will be deactivated for 90 days.
                    1. So the DS-156 will be signed by parents in india as weell as a photo affixed..
                    2. If we can cancel twice that means we can set up appt twice after first attempt (that is total of 3 times)?
                    thx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X