Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor's visa question: what level of annual incomes do we need for self financing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's visa question: what level of annual incomes do we need for self financing

I am a US citizen and my brother is applying for a visitor's visa. He is self-employed and has significant liquid assets (half crore). But his annual income in the last three years has not been steady. 2004 was a very good year, 2005 was a very bad year while 2006 was ok.

I read on another thread that

"visa officers in India ususally have a cut off annual income as applicant's self financing criteria"...

1. In relation to the above comment, what levels of annual income are necessary or reasonable to be a on a self financed trip?

2. If his income levels are not good enough, would it help if I sponsored his trip or would it further hurt his chances of getting his visa?

Thanks in advance!

Hi
    The visa officers do not have any such cut off.
    But what they look for is, for a self sponsored person, whether he can afford to take a trip to US.
    Remember, the consular officer will not belief one's intention, if he/she is spending his/her life saving just for a pleasure trip.
    So if your brother did not have good profit for just one year, it is not a big problem.

Another i can suggest is, you co-sponsor your brother's trip.

Comment

By co-sponsoring, do you mean just sending a letter of invitation and saying I will partially bear the expenses (e.g., lodging with me while he is in the area), or do you mean sending a proper I-134? Wouldn't sending an I-134 mean he is unable to support himself or finance his trip?

Comment

Bumping the thread to see if someone would respond! Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X