Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very very urgent help needed regarding B2 visa

Hello,

My family (mother, father, brother and sister) is appreaing for visa interview on friday together at Delhi. My questions are:-

1>I have sent all the documents and showed approximately 25K in bank. Is this sufficient amount?
    2>While taking the appointment, the weblink never asked for the language or interpreter option however they need the interpreter, can they still get the interpreter there
    3>My brother is currently 17 years old ( a minor) and he is doing his schooling (10th standard) via open (it means that the school is not regular and he studies by himself and gives the exams). How many chances are there that he would get the visa
    4> My sister however is in BA second year. How necessary it is for her to show NOC? The colege has refused to provide NOC to come and visit me for 1 month duration. With out NOC, is it possivble to get a visa
    5>I am currently working on OPT (sent copy of my EAD card with approval papers)and my H1B has been approved (for 3 years)and I recieved the I-797 form along with other approval papers. My OPT (EAD card is expiring on sept 30th and H1-B starts from OCt 1st. Is this situation a problem for them to get a visa?

FYI, my father is retired and my mother is running a shop and we have all the papers for the shop and property.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Greatly appreciate your help

Thanks and best regards
    Last edited by deepalichugh; 08-01-2007, 09:36 AM.

1 – OK, should suffice. Do you also earn TA/RA/intern pay? Send those as well.
    2 – Language choice is always there, you missed it and may have defaulted to English.
    3 & 4 – Visa is given to those who can positively convince the VO that they will go back. So make sure your siblings are prepared to talk about their future in India, plans, employment, reason to be back after US trip.

Show good and convincing documents supporting your mom’s return to handle the shop’s business upon her return, plan for managing the spop the interim when they will be in the US.

Most of the onus is really on your family – they have to speak up and tell it like it is – reasons for visiting US and plans for return.

- SS

Comment

I personally feel that the chances of your family getting visas is rather slim.

The reason is that your family needs to show strong social ties to India that will be proof of their intention to return. But with your parents and siblings applying for visas together they have stronger ties to the US (you) than they have to India.

Also, three members of your family do not have any strong economic ties. What is the proof that they will not come here and work or settle down here?

A NOC from your sister's college will not and cannot prove her intention to return. And if she is an adult, then she will not be regarded as being dependent on your parents like your brother is. She is and will be seen by the consulate as a potential immigrant (through marriage or study). What concrete proof can she give of her intention to return?

Finally, your inviting your family over even before your H1B starts might indicate a hurry for your family to get to the US and if they seem so keen to get here it is difficult for them to prove that they will indeed return to India.

It would have been easier for one or both of your parents to get a visa if your siblings stayed back in India and if you had waited for some time after you got your H1B before inviting them.

Still, I hope I am proven wrong.

Please let the forum know on Friday/Saturday as to how the interviews went.

Comment

Thank you for the reply,

As far as the appointment letter is concerned, I see NA in the language section. Can they not ask for the interpreter there. Is it possible to change it somehow??

Comment

upto last couple of months Delhi did not ask for language preference you would get the interpretor right then and there.

So i guess thats how there was no option when the appointment was taken. Based on this they should be able to request an interpretor.

Comment

Do you have further suggestion? All the papers are complete. I am hoping atleast my parents will get the visa.

Please give some suggestions about the kind of questions that may be asked so that they can answer well.

Thanks
            Deepali

Comment

Also I was wondering if they could take any other document to make their case more stronger

Thanks
              Deepali

Comment

vISA

Pls Do Write About The Result Of Your Family Visa.

Comment

got the visa,

Hello,

My family got the visa. No documents seen. very few questions asked.

Thanks to this site
                  Deepali

Comment

Congrats, Deepali!
                    Just goes to show it all depends on the VO.
                    Can you pls advise which consulate was this and if they got an interpreter?

I want to schedule an interview for my parents at the Mumbai consulate.
                    My father speaks english, but is deaf in one ear.
                    My mom does not understand english at all, but understands hindi and kannada.
                    I am not sure if I shud schedule a joint interview for them or should I schedule separately for both?

Priya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X