Visitor Visa Interview for Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Interview for Parents

I am currently residing in USA on H4. My mother is over 60 years old. She has severe pain in her legs. Could you please let me know if she can apply for a non-immigrant visa thru mail i.e. without personally appearing for an interview? I was under the impression that persons over a particular age are eligible to apply thru mail or drop-box. Pls. direct me to the appropriate website where I can find information about applying thru mail or drop-box. Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Very difficult

You can try to apply for a visa w/o a personal interview, but as far as the AMCON is concerned, just pain in the legs is insufficient reason.

You can always use a wheel chair and have an assistant for help.

Their argument will be, if she cannot even come to the consulate then how will she be able to fly to the United States?

Of course, you'll need appropriate doctor's note to be attached in original.

Good luck.

Comment

The congress passed a law pot 9/11 saying each applicant HAD to appear for personal interview so there is no way out of it.

Your mother can endure a 24 hr flight to USA then she needs to muster courage to get to the embassy, no drop box anymore

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X