Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Date Of Birth Certificate from Sponsor

Hey Guys,

I am planning to send documents for my parents for visitng visa.I want to know if the sponsor compulsorily have to send a copy of his date of birth certificate along with the invitation letter and passport copies. Coz I don’t have any DOB certificate from India.

Regards,
    Gopi Suryadevara

Nope

Sponsor's birth certificate is not required.

Take care.

Comment

well Mumbai consulate requires the BC if you are sponsoring parents. Marriage certificate + spouse BC if in laws.

Comment

You may be right

You may just be right. The information that I have is that I personally sponsored 4 immediate family members and about 5 other family members and never submitted any birth certificates.

Also, I recently checked with a few others who had sponsored their family through Mumbai AMCON and they too confirmed they never submitted any birth certificates.

The main document that has this information is copy of their passports.

Now, once again, you may just be right. This is the information that I have.

Good luck.

Comment

chek their website Bc is part of the docs to be submitted in advance

Comment

As I said - you may be right

As I said you may be right.

I'm just telling you what my experience has been and what several others I know have done.

Man, you're right. I have no intention of disputing your facts.

Actually their website's main document list does not specify any such thing. However, as I said, you may be right. You're the boss.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/required_documents.html

Best regards.

Have a wonderful weekend.
            Last edited by knowledgeable; 08-17-2007, 04:19 PM.

Comment

that is a generic list read carefully, next you might argue that Mumbai Con does not require the docs to be sent 5 days in advance as it does not say here,no other consulate requires that. Try taking an appointment and print out a list BC is on the list of docs to be sent.

I personally have not needed to apply for any kind of visa since 2001 and neither have any of my family so it is not based on my personal experience but what people have reported on forums like these.

Comment

Man, you may be right - you may be right

What more can I say to you than that you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right, you may be right.

The idea behind this forum is for people to get good information that can be helpful for their processing. Not to confuse them just because you don't like me for some reason and have the tendency to dispute with me just to prove your point.
                Last edited by knowledgeable; 08-19-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Documents Required - VFS Site for India

Excerpt for supporting documents from VFS web site for India

Source: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...cuments.aspx#1

A.
                  Travel for Business, Tourism or Family Visit – visa class B1/B21. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and interview appointment letter. 2. Original Birth Certificate for children below 14 years of age. 3. If you are visiting a relative, carry photocopies of the relative’s proof of status e.g. Green Card, naturalisation certificate, valid visa etc. 4. Business travellers need to produce proof that the Company will finance the trip. If the company is new or unknown it is helpful to carry tax records of the firm for the last 3 years. 5. It is also helpful to carry evidence of how the trip will be financed along with letters of deputation, invitation or sponsorship also known as the Affidavit of Support (Form I-134). 6. A tourist may show evidence of financial resources through bank statements and tax returns for the past 3 years. 7. Dependents joining their spouse on-board ship need to carry their original marriage certificate and entire wedding photo album along with the spouse’s visa copy. 8. For parents visiting a child resident in the US: <LI style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: disc">If child is an Indian citizen.
                  a. Childs’s original birth certificate.
                  b. Photocopy of all pages of child’s passport. c. Where the US visa of child has expired, photocopy of the renewed petition required. d. Where child is a legal permanent resident in USA, photocopy of the green card (front and back) is required. <LI style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: disc">If child is a U.S. citizen. a. Photocopy of bio-data page of US passport or photocopy of Naturalization Certificate.

Comment

Thank you for the research. It will help everyone.

Comment

You're very welcome

You're very welcome. Appreciate your kind words.

I approached AMCON in Mumbai who directed me to VFS and confirmed that VFS' document list is the final one which can be used.

Have a good one.

Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X