Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format for letter from senator

Hello users,

My in-law's visitor visa got rejected 3 times now. So I wanted to get a letter from my senator.

Does anyone have a rough outline of how a letter FROM senator look like..?

If the parents have one of these in their hands they will feel a lot more confident. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Senator letter

Hi All,
    My mother recently got 10 yr multi visa on Aug 3rd. It' been a strange story of her. To give some background..I have been living in US for the last 11 yrs and My mother got visa twice before once in 1999 and 2001. Both times she got only single entry visa. Since she is a widow we thought she is not able to get multiple visa. I was on H1 on both occasions. In 2002 my only brother also came to US and I got a GC. Since then we have tried twice to get visa for my mother but both time she got rejected with 214b. Now I have become a USC early this year. I am eligible to sponser my mother a GC but it would take a year to get it. So I wanted to try visitor visa one more time but wanted to be a little more dilligent this time. So I contacted local senator office and had a chance to speak with a person who is incharge of immigration affairs in his office. She asked for my mother details including name , appointment date, consulate name, passport details etc. She sent an email to Chennai consulate saying my mother is attending for interview. She didn't reveal the other content of her email. My mother had a very easy interview. the officer asked only 3 questions.
    how many sons you have?
    where are they and what are they doing?
    delaware and texas, one is in IT and other one is a student
    why are you going?
    to see grand kids

so the long story short...I don't know if they have any format for senator letter to give to you but they can send an email to consulate.

One other thing is ..this is not the first time it happend to us. Both my inlaws got rejected once in 2004 and the same senator office sent an email to consulate then and they got the visa in second attempt.

for us the senator email proved lucky...I cannot call it a coincidence!!

Comment

What happens if ...?

What happens if every person who was denied a visitor visa contacted their senator's office?

A time will come when the senator's will blindly refuse to entertain such requests even if there was a real emergency.

On a different point consider what has happened in the U.S. in the past decade, more and more stores are refusing to take returns, especially for the high end electronic stuff.

Know why? One guess.

Please do contact the senator's office if you know you've tried a few times and were denied a visa wrongfully. Else, if there is a serious medical situation like a major exploratory surgery etc.

On a completely different note, next year's an election year. So all the senator's will be more than willing to please you. Doesn't matter if you're a permanent resident or an U.S. citizen. [NOTE: I know a few people who their visas obtained for a medical emergency when they weren't U.S. citizens]

Good luck.

Comment

Look at https://www.immihelp.com/congressman...-visa-refusal/
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

A senator's office would not provide a letter to be hand carried to the consulate. It is too likely to be circulated and copied.

Even emergency contacts to a congressional office are likely to take several weeks if not more to make it to the VOs processing the visas if additional processing is required. Our recent experience for a distinguished business visitor who was invited to make a presentation to an international organization took nearly 2 months to have processed at the consulate (on top of the time already in process).

Don't look for a lot of success in this approach unless it is a very unusual situation with a lot of documentation supporting the need for the visit.

By the way, the congressman has nothing to do with processing these requests; it is all done by staff members in constituent service roles.

Comment

C4us is correct ...

... senator's office will not give you any letter directly. They will notify the appropriate AMCON through their secure diplomatic communication channels.

If it's a genuine case with high level of emergency the turn around time can be as little as less than a week!

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X