Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Tourist Visa for indian students in UK

Hi,

i am an indian student studying in uk, is it possible that i can get US tourist Visa if i apply in US embassy in london?

regards
    jasdeep

it is possible but it will depend on your situation. Please post more info;

what are your honest future plans? to return to India?
    what are your family ties to India?
    What is your parents' financial status in India?
    desired lenght of US visit?
    howlong have you been in UK and how much more to go?
    do you have enough funds to show for the US trip?

The officer has to be convinced from your ties to India that you will return to India after your studies in UK. Tell him your future plans in India( show him job offers in India or business plans with invested money) and any important family ties.
    Last edited by peace; 08-24-2007, 08:30 PM.

Comment

i just want to visit US for 1 week to meet my friend.
      my family is in india
      i came to uk oct 06 and my visa is till aug 08
      how much fund shud be there so that i can get visa?
      i am the only son of my parents and offcourse after finishing my studies i will return to india.

Thanx for the information but also wating for more.

Originally posted by peace

The officer has to be convinced from your ties to India that you will return to India after your studies in UK. Tell him your future plans in India( show him job offers in India or business plans with invested money) and any important family ties.

Comment

my family is in india
        i am the only son of my parents and offcourse after finishing my studies i will return to india.

Thanx for the information but also wating for more.

Comment

the very fact that you are in uk makes the officer think that you have the potential to settle in US as well. So you must present a situation that will make the officer think you will return. Being enrolled in a uk college is not enough . A lot of students give that up once they enter US. And visiting a friend is a very frivolous reason . No student will spend $ 500 just to meet a friend in US unless very rich.

Tips;
          * Present a more concrete reason; Plan a trip in relation to your study
          with a couple of more students.

*Show ties to India. Like I said before , get a tentative job letter from someone you know in India offering a very good salary.

*Show documents showing college enrolment in UK. and show all the money you have. the richer the better. Marginal funds will get you a denial.

ALL said, chances are not so great unless you show a concrete reason to visit like a study trip.
          They may ask you to go back to India and apply if you present a casual reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jasdeepsg
            my family is in india

Sorry but I don't think you stand any chance of getting a B2. Many before you have used the UK as a stepping stone to entering/settling in the US.

And no, showing funds or proving your economic ties to India is just not enough.

You have to show strong social ties to India or the UK which will be proof of your intention to return.

And btw, that does not mean your ties to your parents. Even if you are an only child the fact that you are living in the UK without them for a year indicates to the US consulate that your ties to them are not strong enough at the moment.

If you are able to live without your parents for a year in the UK, you can live without them in the US as well.

So as a single Indian student in the UK, your social ties to India or the UK are not strong enough for you to want to return to either country.

However your friend will be able to get a visa to the UK even if he/she is a student in the US.

So have your friend come over instead of you going there.

Comment

Just go an apply

Just go and apply. Yes chances are not great but then they've given visas to young unmarried girls and those who don't have a dime on their name.

If you don't get the visa, you don't get it. You're not committing a crime.

Good luck.

Comment

Thnx everyone for giving your suggestions and they are really helpful.

Is it a good idea that if i say that i am going to US for research regarding my dissertation?

Comment

It can work but just saying is not enough ;it has to be supported by documents and exact details about research plan in US. And the officer will ask you why you chose only US and not any other country for research.
                  Look on the internet about your project and you may find convincing reasons to support this question.

Comment

It can work but just saying is not enough ;it has to be supported by documents and exact details about research plan in US. And the officer will ask you why you chose only US and not any other country for research.
                    Look on the internet about your project and you may find convincing reasons to support this question.

Thanx for your suggestion they are really helpful
                    yes i will do that and i even trying to get the invitation from some university in Us to attend the seminar which they will be conducting in US and then i can realte that to my project work.
                    and then i am thinking of booking a hotel in that city where the university is, so that i can show to visa officer.
                    i think i have got enough money to convince them about my stay in USA for atleast 2-3 months but still i ll ask them just for 2 weeks.
                    and ill also trying for job offer letter from india.

Thnx for yur suggestions again but if u still can add something to it
                    that will b grt

Comment

need advice plz

hi friend,
                      am also goin through similar situvations.an indian student in uk.i wish to visit US and my sponsor is from US.she is citizen there.wil this help me?

Comment

Hi,

Now i got a letter from one of the top manager of one company in US, so that i can have an questionare with him about my research and also got the invitation from one university for attending a seminar.
                        I got a job offer letter from india as well.
                        I have booked the hotels in US and i have their confirmation numbers as well.
                        All my finances documents are ready.
                        I also got the letter from my uni in UK confirming that i m student of same uni.
                        I also have the rent agreement of my residence in UK with my landlord.

Any other documents which can help me getting US visa?

Please send your suggestions ASAP as US visa interview date is very near.

Thanx and regards
                        Jasdeep

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X