Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denial of visitor visa for my mother

Hi

My husband is on L1 visa valid thru june 2009. However my L2 visa expired on may 2007, but i have a valid I94 (entered U.S thru L2 visa) also i have a 10 year b1/b2 visa valid thru 2014.
    My husband is sponsoring my mother on visitor visa. But the Visa officer said that he wanted some clarification on my b1/b2 visa and put a mark on that b1/b2 page on the photocopy of my passport and asked my mom to come back.

Can my mother get a visa with my husbands sponsorship but if I have an expired L2 Visa (but valid I94) ?
    Why did the consular officer remark about my B1/B2 visa ?
    What should be my next step before going back to the consulate ?

Thanks
    sandhya
    Last edited by sandhya_murthy53; 09-05-2007, 02:07 AM.

Hi Sandhya,
    Is your mom's a 221(g) or a 214(b)?

If it a 221(g), Did the consular officer asked to produce any additional documents?

For your queries:
    1. Yes. your husband can sponsor.

2. May be the consular officer wanted to clarify your current status on US, i.e., whether you are on L2 or B1/B2 and/or on what basis you got your B1/B2

3. You need to prepare your mother well before she goes for interview next time.
    Better still, tell your mother to consult any of good immigration lawyers.

Comment

Hi,
      > Is your mom's a 221(g) or a 214(b)?
      How do we find out this number ? Will they put this info in the passport ? They did not give any documentation telling the reason for refusal.
      We were thinking of asking the embassy directly, do you think this is wise. I would emphasize "getting info" here rather than "making an appeal".
      > 1. Yes. your husband can sponsor.
      Will my L2 visa expired status cause any problems for my mom ? (my husbands papers are ok)
      > 2. May be the consular .....
      Can I ask the embassy what problem might be there ?

Comment

It depends. You still did not answer my question.

Comment

Rathi,
          We do not know, she told us that he did not mention any specific number and she also did not find any notings in the passport.
          How do we find out ... ask the embassy ?

Thanks
          Sandhya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X