Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Expiration date Vs Travel Date

Hello ,

My mom came to USA on July8th of 2007 and leaving on Jan 8th 2008(Midnight at 12).

Problem : We recently saw the passport and found that her I-94 is expiring on Jan 7th 2008.(that means , thats the end of her 6 months stay ) .
    But the her return ticket is booked on Jan 8th 2008.
    The airlines thru which we booked is not flexible enough to change the travel date .

Question : What are the complications involved ? What answer should she give if being asked about the delay .
    Will there be a problem next time when she travels to US. She is planning to come again in July 2008 or 2009.

Some people ask us to extend her visa . What are the procedures involved in extending ? Am pregnant and my due is anytime within 2 weeks from now.

Please need immediate help.

Thanks
    Rachu.

the airline will change the ticket, you will just have to pay the fee. About $150. Do not gamble with this, if she does not leave on the 7th her visa becomes void.

Filing for an extension is also gambling. If it is denied and her i-94 has expired, the her visa may also be cancelled. You need a very strong unexpected reason to extend your stay. Having a pregnant daughter is neither a strong nor unexpected reason.

Just change the plane ticket.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

This may not be practical but just a thought.
      You can go to the airport earlier and get the I-94 detached before the end of 7th Jan 2007 and then wait at the airport till your flight on 8th Jan.

Comment

The best would be to reach a visa expert. A professional help would be helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X