Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother's tourist visa was rejected..

Hello,

First let me describe my situation. I live in the US with my husband (he is on H1 while I am on H4). My parents went for a tourist visa stamping last year on self sponsorship and their visa got approved. My brother is 23 years old, unmarried, working in a good software company and he applied for a vistor visa recently showing self sponsorship (he had about 5 lacks in his account). He wants to vist me only for 2 months, has no intentions of migrating here. But his visa got rejected. This is how the interview went:

Officer: So you are visiting your sister?
    Brother: yes.
    Officer: Nice.
    Then the officer looked at his documents for a while and then:
    Officer: Since you have only 4 months experience in your current company, it does not show strong ties to India.
    Brother: I have 1 year additional experience in my first job.
    Officer: Sorry.

Now I have several questions.

1) Is there any point at all in applying for a tourist visa again? I mean, does he have a chance of getting the visa if he waits a couple of months (the experience in the current company would cross 6 months then) and then applies?

2) My brother is planning to study in Australia next year. He is eligible to apply for a PR directly there. Can this US tourist visa rejection affect the Australia PR application?

3) When he gets his Australian PR, can he apply for a US tourist visa later in Australia? If so, will the first rejection matter then?

Any details about this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Deepthi.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X