Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! My Parents got 10 yrs M visa on first attempt

Hi All,
    First of all i would like to thank all the immihelp members for the good advices.My husband sponsored for my parents.My Parents attended the interview on 25th sep at chennai consulate in telugu lang at 8.45 A.M. Father (retired) and Mother(house wife).

They have taken 3 folders with them
    1. one folder with DS-156,DS-157,Appointment letter,HDFC receipt,passports photographs.
    2.one folder labelled VISITOR DOCUMENT FILE containing
    All originals of Cover letter,CA statement,House docs,pension paper,Bank verification letter,Bank statements(6 months),passbook,Tax returns,bonds,
    FD's ,My Elder brother's copies of taxreturns,visiting card,and ID card from Satyam Computers who stays in INDIA,My younger brother Greencard copy who stay in US,and the family photographs.
    3.one folder labelled SPONSOR DOCUMENT FILE containing
    Invitation letter from me and hubby,letter to consulate,I-134's, I-797 of mine and my hubby,letter from bank,Employment letter,Bank statements(6 months),Taxreturns(2 yrs),W2 forms,passport of mine and my hubby,Original birth certificate of mine and hubby,Marriage certificate.
    All the docs have TABS.

they had appointment at 8.45 a.m and they were near embassy by 7.30 a.m and allowed inside by checking the passports.During pre-screen verification they gave 156,157,HDFC receipt,appointment letter,pp,photo and coverletter but coverletter was given back to my dad.
    My dad slipped that cover letter into the folder given by them when they were in the queue for main interview vth VO.

Both my parents greeted VO(Male) and interpreter(Male) they were greeted back.
    VO asked the passport copies of mine and my husband and my father gave them to VO and all the sponsor docs are checked by the interpreter.

here are the list of questions:
    VO: How many children are there in US?
    dad: 1 son and 1 daughter are in US and elder son stays vth me in INDIA.
    VO: what is ur daughter's name?
    dad: Kavitha
    VO: Is she working?
    dad: No,she is a home maker.
    VO: from how long she is in US?
    dad: 2 yrs 2 months
    VO: where is ur son working?
    dad: Sprint communications
    VO: From how long he is in US?
    dad: 9 yrs
    VO: Are u retired?
    dad : yes ,i am retired.
    VO: since when did u retired?
    dad: 5 yrs
    VO: In which department u worked?
    dad: Irrigation dept as chief engineer.
    VO: Is it AP govt?
    dad: yes,Govt of AP.
    VO: what are ur son-in-laws parent's names?
    dad: xxx,yyy
    VO: Did his parents ever visited USA?
    dad: NO,they didn't visit still they have to take passports.
    VO: Is your son-in-law known to you before marriage?
    dad: yes,they are our relatives.
    VO: Do u have own house here?
    dad: yes, i do have.

VO : you are granted 10 yrs M visa but u have to stay only for 180 days when ever u visit.PP will b couriered with in 7 days.
    My dad said thanks. HAPPY END

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF U AND UR PARENTS,IN-LAWS.

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi kavitha76,
      Congratulations. But make sure that they return within 180 days when they visit USA. VO has clearly stated this to your parents as he felt they may be immigrant candidates in future.

Comment

Accomodation help!

Thanks Kavitha for the details.

My parents will soon be going ofr visa interview to chennai from Bangalore.

Would you know of any clean good hotels near the embassy?

Comment

Please try Hotel Palm Groove on Arcot Road. It is walkable distance to Chennai Consulate
          Last edited by ramabalaji; 10-02-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

hi kruthika,
            my parents have stayed in palm grove hotel near chennai embassy which is 15-20 mins walk for elders to walk,and 5 mins in auto.actually the phone num in the palmgrove hotel site is misprint.the correct ph num is 044-28271881.try to book in advance.

Comment

Congrats Kavitha!

I need to take visa interview appointments for my parents.
              My dad is fluent in English but mom does not know enough English to respond in English.

I m trying to get appointments in Hindi language. But they are not available rite now. And dont know when they will be.

Will it be a good idea to book for English language? My dad can answer his questions and translate my mom's too. Will this cause any issue during the interview?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
              -Smita

Comment

yes it is fine and recommended method

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X