Connecting Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Flight

My cousin sister is coming to Newark Airport(EWR)from India.. She has a connecting flight to Nashville, TN after 2.30 hrs... After immigration, can she come out of the airport or she has to stay inside the airport?? Does it matter if they she had a longer hault between the connecting flight??

If she is granted entry then it is ok for her to go outside the airport.

However her "wait time" is a lot shorter than she thinks... due to airline delays I would think she will wait more like 1:45 minutes. Specially waiting to go through immigration and customs.

Also, she should be (checking in) about 1 hour and 20 minutes before her connecting flight (specially if it is a different airline and she needs to get a different set of boarding passes.

If she leaves the airport's inner security zone, she will have to go through the security (x-rays, metal detectors, etc) again and sometimes that can take a while.

So, my advice, is just have her wait... A 2.5 hour layover time is NOT, a long time at all. By experience, I would only leave to go somewhere if I have 4+ hours of "wait" time.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X