Father's Visa appointment date confussion - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Visa appointment date confussion - Please help

My Dad's visiting Visa was rejected (do not know the reason) twice before on Nov 17th ‘06 and Dec 1st '06. Mom also got rejected on the same dates, but attended alone on July 24th '07 and got visa without much questions and in US now.

But while checking for appointment dates for my Dad on VFS site, it is showing different date options depending on the answer to the following question,

A. Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 12 months? YES/NO

Yes (Only Dec 6th '07) and NO (Many days in Oct '07 and Nov '07).

My answer: NO (Actually YES)

B. Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months?* YES/NO

My answer: NO

Then confirmed the appointment in November instead on Dec 6th.

Will my answer to question ‘A’ effect my Dad’s Visa decision???

Please advice.

Appreciate your help!

Yes.

You are lying up front to Immigration and his chances of getting a visa are slim. Just wait until December. Lying is a VERY BAD idea.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

The first thing that they will notice is you lied. They have ready access to your visa application history. They categorize applicants in 2 categories, visa rejected twice in last 12 months or otherwise. You'll bring up a red flag due to discrepancy in facts and information provided.

Comment

ps: GoodCitizens (as in your forum name) do not lie in order to obtain immigration benefits.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I answered these questions when I was checking for the appointment dates. And found different date options for answering YES and NO.

But while filling in the DS-156 form, for Q.31 I answered 'YES' and for When?, Where? and Type of Visa? I gave the date of the last rejected that is Dec 1st 2006, Chennai, and B2.

Later while selecting the dates I found many dates available in Oct '07 and Nov '07.

Please do not misunderstand me.

Please advice.

Thanks

Comment

I do not understand all you are staying BUT...

If you lied in the Immigration Forms, you are in trouble and so is your dad's visa.

if you lied in the website (online) to get him an earlier appointment date, you are in trouble and so is your dad's visa.

But, if you only answered "yes" and "no" online, to see what would happen... for as long as you did not submit it, and it was not linked to your dad's petition. AND he got the appointment with the REAL answer. Not lies, then he is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodCitizen
              A. Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 12 months? YES/NO

Yes (Only Dec 6th '07) and NO (Many days in Oct '07 and Nov '07).

My answer: NO (Actually YES)

Will my answer to question ‘A’ effect my Dad’s Visa decision???

Please advice.

Appreciate your help!
              So what exactly is the emergency that keeps you from waiting until Dec 6th?
              The first available date for rejects is after all Dec 06, 2007 and not Dec 06 2008, right? That's only 45 days away. So why the need to lie to get a sooner date?
              Last edited by smohanty; 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X