Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for parents - I am a single child

Hi,

I am the only son of my parents and I intend to invite my parent to come over for visit to US and stay with me for a period of 6 months. I am married and my wife is with me on H4 visa. We are in US since last 1.5 years.

My dad is a retired person and my mom is a home maker. My dad used to work in a shop about 6 years back. Since then he is retired and he is not particularly busy with any other specific activities. He also does not get any pension. We have a flat in his+ my name that we will show as an economic tie alongwith some other investment in their name, jewellery etc. Is this enough to convince consulate their intent to return home? I have seen usually they emphasize on social ties. In our case, being a small family, what else can we say on social ties. Of course, we can say we have friends and relatives in India. But is it a strong enough argument? Any thoughts / facts/ suggestions in this regard ?

Thanks in advance.
    -R

You do not need to worry that you are the only son and therefore visa will be rejcted. Only thing that your parents have to prove is that they have sufficient ties in home country and they will return back once the visit is over.
    Take my case. I have my only son in USA. But at the time of interview I proved with sufficient bank balance, properties, tax return etc and was given 10 years muti visa.
    The VO rejects those cases where he feels that the canditates are immigrant ones.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I am doing all that paperwork that you have mentioned about. Hoping for the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X