Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required to travel in how many months/days - pls. help

Friends,

I have 2 questions..I hope..someone will help me. Thanks in advance for yr time.

1. My parents are planning to apply B2 (visitor visa) in end of November. Suppose, they get the visa. I would like to know..during what time period ..they must need to travel. In other words, do they need to travel within 3 months or 6 months or it depends upon case to case.

If depends on case to case..what is the typical time..we get

I understand, duration of stay in US is determined by Immigration officer at port of landing.

2. My mom is teacher in semi-government college. Does she need to take NOC ? Does she need to show sanctioned leave application while attending i/v?

Thanks,
    P
    Last edited by tigerprash; 10-20-2007, 10:40 PM.

1.- They can travel for as long as the visa is valid. Even if it takes them years to use the visa, they can apply for it.

2.- Only in certain cases a NOC is needed. Call your consulate and double check.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. I am still bit confused. So, what is typical visa duration granted.

Comment

1. After their successful interview, they will be granted B2 visa for a maximum of 10 yearsfcourse it depends on the VO who interviews them.
        2. At the port of entry or landing, the immigration officer will mention the duration of stay in USA in their I94 form. They can stay with you till the date mentioned.You may seek for extension of stay but normally it is discouraged.
        3. If your parents get 10 years visa, they can visit USA any number of times till the visa expires. It does not mean that they can visit you frequently. If they do, then at one point of time they will be denied entry.
        I am not a legal adviser but tried to answer you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X