In-laws' visitors visa: Question / Dilemma on I-134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-laws' visitors visa: Question / Dilemma on I-134

I am on L1 visa and my wife is on L2 visa. She started working in June 2007 and her annual salary is $50K. My salary is much higher and we filed joint tax retuns in 2005 and 2006. We have joint Bank accounts. We have filed for our GC (I am the promary applicant) in June 2007.

At present we are working at different states. We are planning to invite my in-laws to us on visitors’ visa, most of the time they will stay with my wife. We have a dilemma on I-134 Affidavit of Support.

1. The question is who should sponsor the I-134 Affidavit of Support. Is it me for my in-laws or my wife for her parents? Which approach is better? What are pros and cons?

2. Is it sufficient, if we sworn before Public Notary in US. Or is it required to be sworn before an officer of the bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Experts and experienced people, please advice. Thanks in advance.

1. Either you or her both. Either way it is the same as long as you show sufficient income. Her 50k income is fne.

2. Any notary in US.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you

immihelp,
      Thank you very much for your response and inputs.

Comment

Can we send two different I-134s for B2 visa.

Our in-laws are planning to visit. Both my spouse and I are thinking of submitting I-134 to my in-laws.

My question is can we send two different I-134s (one from me and one from my spouse) for the same person. Please advice us.

Comment

Yes, you can do that.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X