Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for Brother

Hi Immigration Gurus,
    I recently sponsered visitor visa for my Brother in India(40 years old). But his visa was rejeced based on insufficient financial condition. I want to try one more time for him. What is the minimum time gap I can wait for next attempt? Please let me know what are best financial supoorting documents and minimum balance/proprty to be shown. Is it good idea if I sponser for his whole family(wife and son 8 years old)? Should I do for him alone again?
    Please let me know the best ways to make sure his visa is granted.

Raghu

The strategy for next application will greatly depend on what answers he gave the first time.Please ask him what were the questions asked in the right order and what was his reply? Post the Q and A here.

Also post;

1. What does he do in India and what is his annual salary?
    2. What is your visa status in US and did you send an I-134 for him?
    3. What is the purpose of visit he stated to the officer?

Comment

Visit visa for Brother

Thanks for your response.
      Well he was asked like
      1. who will pay for the trip ? His answer: My brother
      Then VO said: U should not depend on your brother.
      Immediately My brother said, I will also share the expenses.
      VO was not satisifed.
      My brother a shown annual income: 2.5 lakhs per annum.
      His employment letter shows his designation as: Junior Assistant.
      VO also asked : Wy are you going to US?
      Brother said: to visit brother and US.

Please advise: If he shows his designation as Office Manger and annual income as Rs6 laks per annum, Will that have better chances.
      How to nullify the effects of last interview.
      Please advise.

Comment

The following changes are required;

*Show full self -financing for the trip for which he needs to show at least 9-10 lacs /yr income.
        *Show a concrete purpose rather than a casual trip.

In order to nullify the errors in the first interview; he will have to wait several months to show increase in income. If he reapplies in 2 months showing jump in income, they won't believe him.

Is it possible for his employer to send him on a business trip? That will increase his chances.

Comment

Can i extend I-94

Hi Recently my mother came to US on Visitor visa, that time they gave the I-94 extension date is only there months. please help me how can i extend the I-94 for 3 more moths.

thanks,
          Sri

Comment

your mother got a restricted I-94, her chances of being granted an extension are low in this case. You need to file I-539 and have a valid reason for the extension.
            Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Visitor Visa for Brother

Hi Peace:
              What is the minmum time we should wait for Reapplying for good chances?
              Unfortunately My brother's employer can not sponser for B1 or other visa.
              I have to bring my brother on visit visa and find a employer to convert him L1 or H1.
              Please advice me if there are any other ways. i really appreciate your time.

thanks,
              raghu

Comment

rdongur

Frankly speaking, showing a jump in income 10 times of what he said before even after one yr would not pass with the officer.
                And without a good income in India it will become difficult for him to get a
                visa for a casual trip.

Anyway, H-1 quota for 2008 is over , so even if he comes to US on a visitor visa, you will not find an employer for his H-1 visa. And L-1 is only possible through the branch/affiliate in US of his employer in INdia.

The best thing you can do is; Look for an employer for him that can file an
                H-1 for him for 2009. He need not be present, you can get his cv and ask around with people you know. Not an easy task but possible if you get lucky. Or you can look for an employer in the H-1 quota exempt category (research/teaching institutions etc). Once you have an employer and H-1 petition is approved, he can directly apply for an H-1 in India. A previous denial of B2 will not affect an H-1 issuance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X