Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Visa rejected

Hi All,

There is a friend of mine whose mother is a widow.She had been to US before marriage and she had a GC.She has a brother who is settled in US for the last 35 yearsand is a citizen.But after marriage she didnot make a single trip to US and hence her GC got expired.She has 2 son's both had been to US to do their MS. One of them has returned back while the other is working on H1.Her brother applied for visitor's visa for her in 2003 and in her application she had mentioned that she had a GC but now it got expired.The visa officer rejected the application.

Now her son who is in US and is on H1 visa wants to sponsor her on tourist visa.what does my friend need to do in order to make his case strong.This is a very critical situation for my friend.Please if someone can help i would be grateful.

Thank You
    Regards
    Varun

The very fact that she once had a green card makes her a potential immigrant and with a US citizen brother in US, the denial was already on cards.

It is going to be hard to get her a visitor visa, but she can try by writing a letter to the visa officer showing all her ties to India and that she is not interested in staying in India even though she had a gc many years ago.

*She should not ask sponsorship from her citizen brother.
    *She should show that she is spending money from India ... herself or her other son in India should show good income for that.
    *The son in US should only send an invitation letter and no I..134 if she can show good income of herself and her son in India. ... at least 10 lacs per year.

Comment

Peace,
      i do not agree with your reasoning that since she already had a GC she proved that she is a potential immigrant. Recently one of my friend's mother got a 10 yr multiple visa. My friend is a citizen, her mother had a GC which expired long ago.

Comment

Hi RCMAX

hi RCMAX,

I read your reply.I will really appreciate if you could give me contact info of your friend who's mother had expired GC and she got the visa.As you know it is very very important for my friend that her mom's visa should be accepted.

If you can give me this information then i can ask my friend to contact your friend so that he can get all the required information.Looking eagerly for your reply.

Thank You
        Regards
        Varun

Comment

Varun,
          I can answer any questions that you (or your friend) would have asked my friend. I am sorry I cannot divulge my friend's contact info because she will not like it, please don't take it wrongly.

One glaring issue that could have caused your friend's mother visa is that both her children are sons and one is already in US and the other studied in US and can return back anytime. Their mom can settle down in US with them. The thinking in US consulate is that Indian parents (especially widowed moms) settle down with their sons but not with daughter's family. My mother's visa has been rejected twice because she is a widow and I am the oldest son.

I don't think, her son on H-1 can really do much to change the situation and comments already noted down in the consulate's database.

However if you have any questions that you want me to ask my friend I will galdly do so and post it here.

Comment

Hi RCMAX

Hi RCMAX,

I understand that you cannot divulge any information abput your friend as she would feel bad.I am sorry for the late reply.Thank you for the information you had provided.

So in case of my friend whose mom got her visa rejected the first time,can she not get visitor's visa at all.As i had explained to you earlier that my friend has a brother who studied in US then went back to India for goos and it been close to 4 yrs now that his brother is in India working there.My friend here is working on H1.Is there no possiblity of his mom getting visitor's visa.Kindly talk to your friend and let me know as to what she did such that her mother got the visa after getting it rejected the first time.I woule really appreciate if you could gather this information from her and let me know and by the way this is what i wanted to ask your friend about and that is the reason why i asked you if he/she had any contact number.Looking forward to your quick response.

Thank You
            Regards
            Varun

Comment

Varun,
              no one can say for definite whether your friend's mom will get tourist visa the second attempt or third attempt or never get it. All she has to do is try once more and see. Chances of a widow getting tourist visa is slim if she is sponsored by her son and she has no strong connections back home such as unmarried daughters. I am saying this based on my personal experience as my mom's tourist visa was also rejected twice because she is a widow.

You misunderstood my earlier post about my friend's mom's visa. Her mom was never rejected. After her GC expired 10 yrs back this is the first time she applied for a tourist visa. She is living with her married sons in India and was sponsored by her daughter in US for tourist visa. That makes a big difference in the thinking of US consulate because they assume that widowed moms don't settle down with daughters when they are living with their sons.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X