w2 form - Visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w2 form - Visitor visa

I am staying in US from 6 months, i don’t have W2 yet.
    Is W2 one of the mandatory/required document to sponsor for parent's visitor visa?

Thanks,
    Ramya

No

No W2 is not mandatory if you don't have it. Send your pay stubs [salary slips] and other financial institution statements.

Good luck.

Comment

When you say you are "staying in the US" do you mean you are working legally in the USA, if so with what visa?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Yes i am working in US on L1.
        My husband is on H1, in the current trip even he is here from 6moths. But he has W2 for the previous stay(2005-06).
        Is it better if he is the sponsorer?

Comment

I think we sometimes dont use common sense at all, if you have not been working long enough to get a W2 how can you produce it. The only question that remains then is that have you accumulated enough in bank account to be able to sponsor your parents trip. If they are showing their own funds then you dont need to file I-131 and related docs. If you have enough money in bank to sponsor then go ahead send copies of latest pay stubs(3 months) instead of W2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X