Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somebody knov

Hi,
    I`m curently in USA and have J-1 visa,but I whant to change it into visitors(tourist) one.I was trying to find some information about what documents I need,but all I can find is about somebody whant to come from other country and nothing about if you already here.
    I`ll really aphrishiate all imformation.
    Thanks

You can not change the visa, you change your non-immigrant status. However a B-2 visitor will give you only 6 months (or less) of time to visit the USA, why exactly do you want to change this? (you are still probably subject to the 2 year home residency requirement).
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for responding.
      I`m here second year already,so I couldn`t extend my J-1 any more.I know that B-2 is only for 6 mounth and its ok for me,`cos I planing on getting merried and my fiance will aply for sitizenship in couple of weeks.So I just need to stay till he`ll get his papers.
      Thanks.

Comment

Are you subject to the 2 year home residency requirement? because if so, you must return and live in your own country for 2 years before you can be in the US in a permanent immigrant status.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I have no idea,where I can check it?Whare it should be mention?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X