Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for my niece with my parents

All,

I am planning to apply B2 visa for my parents this month, along with them i am planning to apply B2 for my niece(She is minor), she will travel with my parents to US if visa gets approved.

Is there is any documentation work required for my niece to get visa stamped other than the normal documentation and supporting document.

your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Prasath

Hi
    Your parents need to do lot of explaining on why the niece of yours is travelling with them.
    And what is the status of the minor's parents, etc.
    Your parents also need to have a No objection letter from the parents of your niece.

Comment

Hello,

I am curious about this as well. My parents-in-law want to come, and bring our niece as well. The niece is a minor (only 5) and her parents (my wife's sister and brother-in-law) are NOT planning to come.

From what I read, the niece's application is separate from her grandparents, since the grandparents are not legal guardians.

Her qualifications would be based on strong ties, and I would imagine that would be difficult.

I am curious if anyone has any other thoughts on whether this can work? Can a minor apply without her legal guardian and prove strong ties to her home country? The home country in this case is China, if that makes a difference.

Comment

You're good ...

... to go. Apply for your niece's visa and get a letter from her parents that she will be travelling with your parents.

Quite a few grand children often travel with their grand parents, it is definitely not uncommon and AMCON does easily gives visas in these cases.

In fact, my wife's nephew, a minor, travelled all the way from across the globe, alone and did not have any problems anywhere, neither for the visa nor at immigration. He was travelling as unaccompanied minor, so the airline too full care of him.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X