Previous I94 has NO EOS, next trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous I94 has NO EOS, next trip?

My parents have 10 Yrs. multiple entry B2 visa.
    On their 1st visit they were given 2 months I94 with NO ESO / NO COS stamped on back of I94 card. Also they have put word limited near entry date stamp on passport.
    They went back in Jun'07 in two months before end date written on I94.

I am planning to call them back in March'08.
    --Will there be any issue?
    --Is visa still valid? (How do we know if visa has been canceled or no?)

Please advice.

Your parents failed to convince the officer at the port of entry. But their visa is still valid and they can use it to apply for entry.

You can not predict whether there will be a problem or not. But you can provide them with an invitation letter and/or a statement from them also stating the purpose of their trip, the lenght (keep it no more than 4 months) and plans to return.

Sometimes you run into officers at the POE that are very strict, others are less strict. But the previous officer may have put a note in the system, so I recommend not trying an Extension ever...
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      When you say "You can not predict whether there will be a problem or not". Can they deport them? or you mean they will again get only 2 months of I94?

Thanks again.

Comment

They did not overstay their visa right? so... they are playing fair and they should be able to use their visa again.

BUT, it all depends on the POE officer... the visa is merely the permission to apply for entry, it does nto guarantee entry itself.

I think they will be fine, for as long as they have a well defined plan and do not intend to stay a LONG time.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

They did not overstay so I am hoping for good.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X