Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How frequently can one visit US on visitor visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How frequently can one visit US on visitor visa?

<Did not find a clear answer to this Q in FAQ/>

My parents have 10 yrs visitor visa. My mom is currnetly in US. Can she go back to India for a couple months and come back to US again? Is there a minumum duration for which a B2 visa holder has to stay outside US before re-entering. Will it make any difference if I extended my Mom's I-94?

Got this from immihelp
    "
    Multiple entry visa also allows to you leave US one day and return right back to US on next day. There is no specific period for which you have to stay out of US before you can enter US again. But if you try to enter US too many times, or try to spend most of your time in US by stringing visits together, immigration officer at port of entry may suspect your true intentions and may deny your entry into United States. While coming again to United States next time, you don't have to prepare any documents or send any affidavit of support again. You can just buy air ticket, <a href="https://www.insubuy.com">Visitor Medical Insurance</a> and come to US.
    "
    So looks like there is no limit to US visit frequence, albeit the immigration officer at airport has the last say.

Do you think extending I-94 may have some effect?

Comment

The rule of thumb is a visitor must spend more time in home country than in the USA in any 12 month window.

That means if your mom came in January 2007, and left in June 2007. a 6 month stay. Then she must wait until January 2008, to return to the USA. That way she spent half of 1 year at home and half in the USA. That is the minimum.

The best thing is to have shorter visits 2-4 months... and space them out by 6 months each time.

I advice against filing an extension unless it is an emergency, otherwise it may make things harder for your mom to return the next time at the Port of Entry.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X