Tourist Visa for Family members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa for Family members

I am GC holder and wanted to invite my Parents, my sister, her husband, my nephew (7 years old) and my niece (20+ year) this summer to visit us in USA for 2-3 weeks. I have heard from people that younger people do not get visitor visa etc..etc..

Is it a bad idea for them to apply together for the interview process? Will they be better off going in groups or individually? Any advise is appreciated.

Each person is looked at separately.

If young people can show strong ties to their home country, they can get visa as well.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I am a Gc holder. My brother, sister - in -law are govt employees. There kids are below 10 yrs of age. Parents are settled in India. Brother owns home.

Brother applied for visa with wife and kids - Got leave approval for both of them, when kids have summer vacation approx 2 months. Went for visa interview and visa was rejected at 214 (b), no real questions ...except what is your salary. [ His salary was 3 lakhs per year and his wife approx the same.] and Have you travelled outside India with family before ?- he has not, he has worked overseas for 2 years , but family didn't accompany him as SIL didn't get long leave sanctioned and was pregnant. The Vo also knew the local language fluently. (interview language chosen was English.)

Brother appeared for interview again this month, this time without family and got visa with simple questions. This time i sponsored him. being a doctor was asked some detailed question about profession, he provided some documents and pictures and he was granted visa... He also had a covering letter stating why he felt that he has strong ties to india and has money for the trip. He said the Vo started the conversation in a very friendly tone " This baby needs a Visa to US ...." for almost everyone who attented in that Q.

He said he saw many people in Q - and at one point a lawyer was rejected visa and the VO was screaming "Don't cheat". he said "your client can come to india for the case, you needn't go there".

Also he said some lanes had more rejections and it seemed to be dependent on the VO you go to...

My parents went for Visa renewal and where given 10 yr multiple entry this time and the lady VO explained to them what 10-yr multiple entry meant... She only asked -- do i have a GC?

I think if your intention is to stay in U.S. for the duration on visa and return to india , you get the Visa. You need to show proper documents to show ties to India and also that you have money to cover the expense.

My brother said the VO had eyes wide open when he asked specific questions about what types of diseases he treats.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X