Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help !! Visiting US with misdemeanor charges -

Hi All,

When my Mom visited me two years back, while driving in our apartment parking lot she met with an accident (she hit a tree) and she was not carrying any valid driving license. Cops gave her Misdemeanor charges, she appeared in court (finger-printed) and paid necessary fine and the case was closed. I paid for the car-repair charges. Now she is planning to visit me again this year and would like to know, whether she will have any issue at port of entry? She has 10yrs multi entry visa and Cops not asked any documents e.g. visa copy etc., just finger-prints.
    I will appreciate if you could post the same in your internal mailing list for any valuable advise/suggestions.

Thanks
    Anne

There should not be any problems. But do not give a car to your mom this time. Driving without a license/insurance is very dangerous/illegal and she got lucky last time she hit a tree and not a person.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X