A Few Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions...

I was recently in america for 2 weeks in early january this year with 3 friends on a vacation. I plan on getting a 1 year b2 travel visa soon along with a friend and going back to the same place in april and then travelling around.

A couple of things im not sure about are:

1- would the security/immigration people at the airport consider april too soon to be returning after being there in jan. would they consider that suspicious?

2- if i succeeded in getting into america in april on a 1 year b2 visa and decided to return home at christmas for a week or if something unforseen happened before that and i had to return for a funeral etc... would i have trouble going straight back over to america?

3- Do you have to put down on the i-94 form or any other form when you plan on flying back home inside the year?

example would be if i left in april and had a return flight booked for 6 months later but decided near the return flight date that i wanted to stay longer would i have to notify anyone or aslong as im within my visa time that was issued can i just cancel the flight and stay on aslong as i leave before the visa runs out?

thankyou and sorry for all the questions!

1.- It is fine, since you only spent a few weeks.

As far as your other questions, you can only stay up to 6 months in the USA. It is all up to the POE officer to decide if he will grant you entry and for how long.

There is nothing that prevents you from going back home if something requires your attention, but you must know that after spending a large amount of time in the USA, you are supposed to go back home and not return for another large amount of time.

Example: You can not expect to go to the USA in April 2008, go home in September 2008 (after 5 months), spend 2 weeks at home, and then fly to the USA again and expect to be allowed for another entry. You are a visitor and must LIVE in your own country and show strong ties to it.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thank you for your reply PraetorianXI. Its very much appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X