desperate!! pls help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desperate!! pls help!!

hi! i have just received my green card, my boyfriend has a b-2 (tourist) visa. i would just like to know what is the best, fastest and most sure way for him to have a green card.

thanks!!!

marry him

Comment

there is no fastest way...

If you marry him and file I-130 to petition so he can have a Green Card. It will take 5-6 years before he can get one.

If you wait until you become a citizen (which would take about 5 years), then an immigrant visa would be available for him immediately, so it would take about 5-6 years.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

would that be the fastest way?

if i marry him, and file for an pplication for his permanent residence. would he be able to study here as a resident?

Comment

a student, is not a resident, it is a non-immigrant student.

but either way, by "just marrying" he will not be granted anything... and by marrying him, he won't automatically get any kind of visa.

he should apply FIRST for a student F1 visa, before he marries you, because after you two are married, and moreso, after an I-130 has been filed for him. It will be a LOT HARDER to obtain a non-immigrant visa.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X