Did i overstay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i overstay

I married a US citizen when i was over on the VWP on January 2006. My intentions was not to marry when i entered, we married approx 60 days after i arrived at POE. I did apply for adjust for status before my 90 days was up. I then had to head back to the UK asap as my mother was dying. Overall i did stay in the states for about 115-120 days, so my overstay is about 30 days. I left in march 2006 and havent entered since. My marriage didnt work out so im in the middle of a divorce. I have heard of so many stories that i may not use my VWP again as i overstayed, other have said that it should be ok as i adjusted status. I do want to visit America again this year if possible. What options do i have. Is there anyway i can find out if i can still travel on the VWP? I also hear if you overstay 180 days there is a bar. Is there a bar if your below that amount. Thanks, would be great if i can get any feedback on this.

did the receipt date of your I-485 was before the date of expiration in your I-94W?

If you, filed for AOS timely, then you never overstayed... if you did overstay though, even for 1 day, you can not use VWP anymore.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X