Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Addional documents requested by consular

HI,
    my mom went for an interview yesterday to get a visitor's visa. Consular advised her that she needs to bring additonal documentaion:my status here from 2001-2005. Would INS give me any kind of letters to show my status here for those years? How do i get it?
    I was on a F1 visa until 2002, then from 2002 till 2003 i worked under practical optional training employement authorization and then my husband petitioned for me for a green card, I got GC in 2005 through marriage. Was i legal on on adjustment of status status from 2003- till 2005? What should i give to the counsular show my status in US for those years?
    thanks a lot for you help
    Diana

Did you file for your green card while you were on OPT? if so, then you were legal.

Copies of your approval F1, OPT, And GC. Should suffice.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

yes i applied while either still on F1 or an OPT. While i was at the process of adusting status, was i legal? and how can i show my status for those years? Should i show INS receipt when i filed for I-485?
      thanks a lot!

Comment

The INS receipt for I-485 and the approval receipt for I-485 shows that you were legal during that time, as your status was "AOS pending".

I guess you were stuck in FBI namecheck right? either way, you have always been "in status".
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

nothing connected to FBI...i want my mom to come here...and they want to see how i stayed here...i think once they see i got GC through marrigae they will not give her a visa, esp. i did divorce thereafter...but they did request adll info: my status from 2001 and 2005 and i have to show that i applied for I485 thourgh I130.

Comment

No, I meant, your GC took a long time to be processed and I figured it had something to do with the FBI namecheck?

Comment

I don't think so..it's just how long it took back then here in NY.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X