One way ticket on Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way ticket on Visa

My parents are planning to come to US. For my mom, Can i book a one way ticket to US. Father will be on a round trip. Will it cause problems at immigration at POE.

Thanks
    Kunal

why would you want to do that, one way tkts will not save you a lot of money. In fact you will end up paying more for two one way tkts rather that one round trip tkt with more flexibility.

Try to get a tkt for mom on which you can make changes and is valid for the duration of stay you expect her to be here.

Comment

Also, most airlines REQUIRE a round trip ticket for any visitor before boarding the plane. and YES, if asked about it, it will cause problems at the port of entry AND, it will end up costing you more money.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Well...its for some other reason that Iam planning on getting a One way ticket for mom. How would the officer @ POE know whether the visitor is on a one way ticket or not. Airlines are issues paperless tickets these days. Only a confirmation page (in the form of printout) is issued.
        --
        Kunal

Originally posted by waitin_toolong
        why would you want to do that, one way tkts will not save you a lot of money. In fact you will end up paying more for two one way tkts rather that one round trip tkt with more flexibility.

Try to get a tkt for mom on which you can make changes and is valid for the duration of stay you expect her to be here.

Comment

Yes, the officer at the POE can have access to that information, based on the information provided by the airlines to DHS.

Also, if the officer asks, where is your return ticket... what is she going to say?
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

to get a real answer, can you post a real question with relevant facts. One way tkts are flagged automatically in the system, based on info provided by the airline. Do you have a compelling reason for going this route.

My personal experience having a one way tkt vs round trip does not net more than 20-30% of the fare and the cost of return tkt just more than makes up for it.

It is always better to pay instead for a flexible round-trip tkt.

Unless there is a possibility that your mom will never return, then you dont get any advice on this forum for ways to commit fraud.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X