Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Visitor Visa Interview for my Elder Sister

Hi,

My parents and elder sister had applied for Visitor Visa to the US. I am currently working in the US on H1.

My parents were sponsoring the trip for themselves and my sister. My sister is a self employed free lance architect and was working with a firm before that.

Both my parents were granted the visa but my sister denied stating that she is not well established here in India.

I need to know how to go about re-applying for the visa for my sister. What documents can we show to convince the VO that she is not going to stay back? The VO did not see any of their documents and asked minimal questions to my father only.

Please advice on this matter and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

There is not an accurate answer for this, every person's situation is different and your sister must establish strong ties to her home country, otherwise she is seems as likely to immigrate and stay in the USA.

Read here for more information: http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...lication-tips/

I would suggest: Get a permanent job, get married, etc. Things that show ties to home country.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Since my parents and sister plan to visit me in the next 2-3 months, getting married at such short notice is not an option for her.

If she can get a job at a firm and get a employment letter to that effect and apply for the visitor visa again in 1.5-2 months time, will that help establish stronger ties ?

Again, thanks in advance

Comment

Anything that she can provide, that shows a change in her situation status... will help.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X