Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Stamping Details

Hello,

I have a quick question. I came to USA on Feb 27, 2007 on a B2 visa from India. This is my second visit here. I was here last year and left for India within the stipulated time. To my pleasant surprise, when I arrived in Charlotte this time, my I-94 has been stamped until August 28, 2008 ( for 18 months!!). My friends have expressed surprise at this, as apparently, the normal length of stay granted for such a Visa category is between 3-6 months, and one of them was wondering if we need to double check with USCIS - if the officer had inadvertently written 2008, instead of 2007 on the I-94.

However, is this even necessary, when I now have a valid I-94 till Aug, 2008. Is this unusual ? What are your thoughts on this? Please advise.

I look forward to your quick response. Thanks.
    Warm regards,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

That's a mistake. You should leave by Aug 28, 2007. They may hold you liable for overstaying even if it is their mistake. Better not to take any chance.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Dear Sir,

I thank you for the invaluable advise to me to leave since it might have been a mistake by the INS ( old email as below ). I did return to India on August 18th.

I have been visiting USA 2 times( last year and this year ) and not violated any visa rule. I would like to come again and visit in the month of October 2007. Since there is less than 2 months gap since i left USA. Would this be a problem when I arrive in USA on October 10th?. I do have many invitations for me to speak on yoga which I teach.
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Read last paragraph at https://www.immihelp.com/visa-stamp-vs-authorized-stay-duration-in-usa/
        Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X