I have B1 visa, i need F1 visa. Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have B1 visa, i need F1 visa. Advice needed

Hello Sir, am Dr Mahendra. Iam currently in US on a B1/B2 visa at the moment. I have applied to B1/B2 visa in jan 2007 for the purpose of taking Usmle clinical skills exam ( note: This exam is for forgein medical doctors willing to train in US Hospitals for medical licencse) and they gave me 10 years multiple entry visa. I visited US for first time in may 2007 and they gave me 3 months at port of entry till august 9, 2007. I left US one week prior to date of departure on my I-94. I revisited US for second time again in end of october2007 and this time they gave me for 6 months till april 2008 saying on back on my I-94 as, “ NO EOS, NO COS, and no AOS.I wont do all this things and I wil leave to India in april 2008. My question is now iam Willing to apply for F1 student visa when I go to india as I may get an admission in a Phd program at a reputed university. Originally I applied for B1/B2 visa on the grounds of exam and residency training, now iam coming to apply for a different type of visa with change of intentions from my last time. Will my previous intentions affect my current intention to apply for a different kind of visa. What sort of questions will the consular officer can shoot at me and what are my chances of getting a F1 visa. Please reply me with your valuable suggestions.

There is no problem in applying for a new kind of visa, it is understandable that your intentions have changed and you are following the proper protocol and order of steps.

You should be able to secure the visa. Please read the F1 student visa section for more info.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

OKk i understood that Mahi didnt enter with an intention to get F1 but he is still in usa and cant he do AOS to convert his b1/b2 to F1 ?? thats legal !! And what did they mean by saying on back on my I-94 as, “ NO EOS, NO COS, and no AOS" ?? Are they telling him that he shdnt do these things or its mandetory that if they wrte that he cannot do it .

PraetorianXI can u pls comment on this ........this is something very interesting topic ! Thanks !!!

Comment

you can not change status from B1/B2 to F1 unless you notified the POE officer and he annotated the I-94 accordingly.

No AOS = No Adjustment of Status
        No COS = No Change of Status
        No EOS = No Extension of Status

It means you can not do any of these things. It is not a suggestion, rather a restriction on your I-94 and stay. Any petition involving these will be denied.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I mean on what grounds do a immigration officer at POE stamp a " no aos/cos/eos " thing ?? I guess they do it only if they become unclear / suspicious of the intent of visit ...

I believe they had got some idea at the port of entry while mahi was on 2nd visit that he may ask for AOS to F1 as he is a doctor and may want to study or stay back .

......otherwise its not dependent on the length of stay that the visitor is looking for ............. and this stamping is not so common if they dnt become suspicious ............

Am i right ???? pls comment !!!
          Last edited by amlan70; 02-11-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Officers stamp that when they are suspicious that the visitor will overstay, try to immigrate, etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X