Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of getting tourist visa

Hello Experts -

My Father-in-law and Mother-in-law are going for their visas this month end. My MIL had been to USA once 5 years back, stayed here for 5 months and she went back. At that time, my in-laws had couple of properties and now they dont have any properties except a decent Bank balance. They dont have any sons and have 2 daughters. My wife's sister is also married and settled in India. My father-in-law is retired and my MIL is a homemaker. Can somebody tell what is the possibility of getting visa for them. Your input is greatly appreaciated and I thank in advance for that.

Thanks

Nobody can predict such thing, it is all up to the VO officers to decide. Sometime people with lots of ties to the country get a visa and sometimes they don't.

Just prepare them well and hope for the best.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Hello -

Thanks for your reply. Incase if my inlaws did not get their visa, we are thinking of re-applying just for my mother-in-law. This will help my MIL to prove that she has a strong family ties to back to India. Does this help to get my MIL's visa ? if yes, after how long can we re-apply my MIL's visa ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can try that. It may help. But like I said, this is a case by case basis, there is no "general rule" to get approved. You can re-apply for her after a couple of months.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Praetorian.

Comment

Hi Praetorian -

I am thinking of cancelling the combined visa appointment for my FIL and MIL and get separate visa appointments with at least one week gap in between. Since my MIL had a one year B2 visa and have visited here once, i am thinking of getting my MILs visa appointment first and 2nd for my FIL. Does this help my MIL to get her visa ? My wife is very much in need of her mother due to her health condition.

Thanks

Comment

The VO will know that they have appointments... separating the interviews may or may not help.

But let me say that "having a health condition" is not the reason for a B2 visa... the VO will see that as "taking away the job from an american nurse or caregiver".

Comment

My Inlaws got 10 year visa - details

My inlaws got visa for 10 years. Thanks for all your support and questions.

Following are the questions:

Questions to my MIL:

1. Are you going to the same place where you went before for the first time ?

Questions to my FIL:

1. Where are you working now ?
                2. How much salary are you getting ?
                3. How long have you been working in this company ? 3 years
                4. Where did you work before ?
                5. For how long ? 30 years ?
                6. 30 years you worked for the same company ?

Thats it

Documents given by me(Sponsor):

1. I-131 Sponsor Affidavit
                2. Letter from my company
                3. 3 Payslips
                4. Letter from the bank
                5. 3 months bank statements
                6. Brokerage statements
                7. Passport copies of mine and my wife
                8. Legal status documents
                9. My birth certificate copy
                10. My wife's original birth certificate

Documents prepared by my inlaws:

1. Their marriage affidavit
                2. Affidavit letter from my wife's sister and her husband
                3. Affidavit letter from my MIL's sister
                4. Affidavit letter from my MIL's brother
                5. Affidavit letter from my FIL's mother
                6. Bank statements
                7. Auditor report with financial details
                8. Family photos(with all people given affidavit letters)
                9. Rason Card

Other documents taken
                1. HDFC Bank chalan
                2. Visa Appointment letter
                3. DS-156, DS-157 forms

Thank you all especially, Mr."PraetorianXI" and all who responded to our questions patiently and thanks for all the people making this site the most informative and helpful and helping people millions of people getting their visa, GC, etc.,

Comment

Congratulations, Enjoy their visit. And do not forget to get medical insurance for them.

Comment

Medical Insurance through IMMIHELP ...

https://www.insubuy.com/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X