visitor visa for widow mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa for widow mother

I am living in US for the past 1.5 years. Now I am carrying and my due is in june. Me and my husband trying to bring my mother to US .My husband will sponsor her trip .She has three children including me .I am the only one in US.Both of her other children (both are son) living in India and my mother is staying with my elder brother .BOth are married .My mom is doing some social activities .But she is not getting any income from that .She has enough bank balance too .But she doesnt have enough properties in her name and she is a widow ................Now I want to know from experts that is there any chance my mother will get visa ? I read in forums that getting a visa for widow mother is very difficult .Can pregnancy be a valid reason or can i state her purpose visit as tourism and family visit ?.PLs give me some inputs .......

Chances are very low.

It is frowned upon to have your mom come for "delivery of baby" and such, because US officials see it as it is taking away an american job... such as hiring a nanny, caregiver, etc.

If your mom has not income, and no other strong ties, it will be very hard for her to get a visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Viji,
      don't say on the visa form that your mom is a widow. If asked why her husband is not travelling give some health reason. Its a lie but thats what the VO desrves for rejecting genuine cases and creating so much pain and tension for our elderly parents. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rcmax
        Viji,
        don't say on the visa form that your mom is a widow. If asked why her husband is not travelling give some health reason. Its a lie but thats what the VO desrves for rejecting genuine cases and creating so much pain and tension for our elderly parents. Good luck.
        Please do not give such bad advice. Lying to VO will only work against you, now and in the future. She could be banned for life.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

yes , if you are caught lying then it will work against you but if you lie SMARTLY without getting caught it works for you. How will the VO know if Viji's mother is a widow or not unless she writes on the DS156?

Viji since u already filed the ds156 you should not change it. However there is a good chance your mom will get visa becoz her son-in-law is sponsoring and she has two sons living in India.

Comment

I assume that ....

... everyone is aware of the fact, falsification of primary information can be used against you any time in the future also.

For example suppose you falsify the information, get into the country and get a Permanent Resident status.

If they find out about the false information you offered in the past, this can be used against you to revoke the residency and you will be immediately deported back to your own home country.

This is a major risk that nobody should even think of attempting.

Good luck to all.

Comment

RCMAX,

Your suggestion to lie is irresponsible! If you always tell the truth you don't have to remember your lies. The misrepresentations and lies seen by the visa officers are the reason people have trouble getting visitors visas.

VIJI1980,

Women have babies all of the time. You have your husband who is far more important than any other member of your family. If you must have your mother with you, return to your home country to have your baby. If your mother gets her visa, have a nice visit; if not, at like an adult and deal with it. Don't be a whiner!

Comment

Great advise from everyone, barring rcmax ofcourse! If an administrator sees this post, I request him/her to snatch away the right to post in this forum from such people.

Comment

Guys, I am fundamentally against lying but one has to change strategy depending on the actions of the other party. If the US consulate blindly rejects visas of widows then they should be ethical enough to say upfront that widows need not apply. No, they will not do that do jeopardize their revenue stream. Some people might say that not all widows are rejected but granitng visas to 2% of widows on 3rd or 4th attempt does not hide the fact that they have a policy to reject them. If they are fair we should be fair otherwise we should do what is in our best interest.

Comment

Its their country, you are asking them permission to enter their country, so you'll have to play by their rules.

What you are saying is right, but your advice is incorrect.

Comment

Eventhough my mom told the truth,her visa got rejected 3 times.My mom has a decent job ,my brother is working in IT and my brother did Mtech.That's the reason they are rejecting visa saying that my brother will go to us on H1 but my brother never tried H1.My brothe ris not intrested to come here.Lats two times vo didn't even ask any questions.
                      I have read the forms,Most of the widows visa will get rejected no matter you finacial situation is.That is our bad luck.
                      All the best.

Comment

Contact your state's Senators and local Congress reps

They will surely try to help you out.

Comment

mom got visa

Hello everyone
                          My mother got visa in chennai consulate yesterday. She was asked very few questions.. she answered them correctly...Vo didnt see any of our documents.

Comment

Originally posted by viji1980
                            Hello everyone
                            My mother got visa in chennai consulate yesterday. She was asked very few questions.. she answered them correctly...Vo didnt see any of our documents.
                            Congratulations. Thank you for "playing fair".

Comment

Viji1980
                              congrats on your mothers visa!
                              plz let us know if you had your mother mention pregnancy thing to VO or not? i really want to have my mother visit around my delivery too, i will absolutely miss her the most during that time! i dont see a reason why one should hide it.. its a custom even in america that close relative come visit you during times like this.

Originally posted by viji1980
                              Hello everyone

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X