Advise trying visa after 5 attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise trying visa after 5 attempts

My parents were rejected twice in 2004, once in 2005 and twice in 2007 early. It has been more than a year and we would like to re-apply.

Me and my sister are both here and are GC holders. My father is a practicing CA and has audits- they genuinely want to come here for a few months only. They have lot of property in India and that does not seem to help. Anything we can try when we apply this time. Each time they get rejected saying you won't come back. I am so worried - each time sending them for a visa is a lot of tension since we want them to come here but each time they get rejected. It's painful! Anyone else with similar situation has managed to get their parents/in-laws visa?

People have managed to get visas, after 3-4 tries...

Have you tried applying for only ONE of your parents at a time?
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

It seems they (VOs) know this old trick now. But no harm in trying...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. My mother is not in super health and cannot travel alone and my father cannot leave her and travel.

Other suggestions- that can help us with a visa this time will be greatly appreciated.

Honesty usually pays off but in this case we were honest like a donkey and hence we didn't get the visa- very sad. I have seen a lot of other cases where people don't disclose that both their siblings are here , lie about staying for a few months and come here and happily extend their stay etc. etc. . We will be honest and pray that this time the VO sees the case is genuine.

Comment

It is because of people like that... who lie and extend visits for no real reason that honest people are given a hard time. Everyone pays for the sins of some fraudsters.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I can totally understand how painful it is for both you and your parents to go through the visa interview process and getting rejected. I applied for visa for my parents 2 times before and they got rejected both the times and they were also told not to bother to come back !! They attended the interview together both the times. They got so upset that they refused to try for two years...however I talked my mom into applying just recently and thankfully this time she got it for 10 years. My father is planning on applying a little later next month.

There were almost no questions that she got asked this time...Me and my brother also stay in the US and she did not hide the fact when they asked her about it.

I would suggest your parents going to the interview separately, even though they are planning on traveling together. You don't have to ask them to lie to any questions that the officer asks, but it seems like your parents have given them a reason for them to believe that they are not going to come back. Impressions make all the difference. Your parents main objective is to make the officers believe otherwise. If that means going to the interview separately then so be it. And also ask them to appear confident when they attend the interview.

While sending documents to my parents this time i took the time to carefully arrange them in binders and organize them. And i have also asked them to have pictures of family members in india and of their home etc and prepared them for all kinds of questions. The officer this time however didnt look any of the documents and didnt ask too many questions too. So all i can say is it helps to be prepared and organized, it gives your parents more confidence as they feel prepared if not anything else. They need all the confidence that they can get now especially since they have been rejected so many times before.

My mother and grandmother went for their visas in february (separately) and both of them got it. They also did tell me that almost everyone else who went before them seem to be getting them too. So it COULD be that they are granting visas more easily these days...frankly i'm not sure. Just dont give up hope.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X