X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in Documentation - Parents Visa

Hello,

I need help in :

1. Father is working in a small/medium size private company after retirement. What kind of letter need to produce to VO to support it. He is not getting pension from previous job.

Can someone share the sample letter ?

2. I heard that it is advisable to get assets (including property) documented by CA. Can someone pls. share the sample ?

3. Do they need to carry any Income Tax papers?

My parents visa got refused 2.5 years back due to 214(b). I am only son and my sister is in India.

Pls. advise if anything else may help us . Thanks a lot !

Thanks,
    Tiger

can someone pls. respond. If not sample letter or template..just provide yr helpful comment.

Comment

The officer is mainly concerned with your dad's ties to India. If he is retired,
      no pension and a low paying job; it wll show he has no strong financial ties to India and may not return from US.It will definitely lead to a denial.

You need to think of a strategy and a smart presentation. Please provide the following info;

1. What is your parents' annual income from ALL sources?(job, savings, rental income)
      2 What is your dad's annual salary with the small company?
      2. What is their net worth roughly? Include all savings, insurance, shares, funds, deposits, bank a/cs , property.
      3 Any property? Worth how much?
      3. Are they both applying?
      4. What does your sister do? Income? Married or single?
      5. What does your mom do? Employed? salary?
      6. What is your visa status in US?

Comment

Thanks for detailed reply and yr time. Here is my response against yr questions. I hope, u will provide further guidance.

You need to think of a strategy and a smart presentation. Please provide the following info;

1. What is your parents' annual income from ALL sources?(job, savings, rental income)

2 What is your dad's annual salary with the small company?

>> 2.2 lacs per annum from job and he has also LIC pension policy (I think..36-48K per annum). Also, interest income in the range of 1 lac pr annum. So, In total : 4 lacs approx. per annum

2. What is their net worth roughly? Include all savings, insurance, shares, funds, deposits, bank a/cs , property.

>> Nt worth ard 40 lacs.
        Very good savings and bank balance (roughly 20 lacs). Also have 2 homes - 1 where they are living and another one is plot.

3 Any property? Worth how much?

3. Are they both applying?

>> yes

4. What does your sister do? Income? Married or single?

>> Married with 2 kids. Her husband has floor mill.

5. What does your mom do? Employed? salary?

>> Employed as teacher with semi-govenmnet college. Only problem is, there is court battle going on b/w management and principal. Due to this, it is very difficult to get NOC for her due to these issues.

Hence, I am not sure whether to show her employer or not. What do u think ?

6. What is your visa status in US?

>> On H1B since Mar 2002. Now GC applied (as most of the people..I am 485 applied stage)

Comment

In my opinion;
          Chances of success are slim if they both apply.
          Reason;
          1.Weak financial ties to India; low annual income (Income is more imp. than assets)
          2. No family ties to bring parents back ; sis is married & settled and you , the only son is in US seeking GC.

Even if assets being good, the whole scenario gives the impression to the officer that parents are likely NOT to return.

I suggest your mom should apply alone. Her husband in India will act as a tie for her to return. No need to mention you have applied for a GC, just state your status as h-1. You will have to send an I-134.
          They will ask her why your dad is not going; her straight answer should be, he is busy with her job. She should not say he is retired. Just mention he is working with a private company as----. Get a CA to write a net worth assessment showing a big impressive figure ( including property value) in several lacs. She should ask for a short stay of 2-3 months (Never say 6 months) and say purpose of visit as visiting son.
          (There is one question, If she cannot get an NOC, how will she get a leave from her school to go to US?)

Comment

Thanks for yr continuous help !

1. Sending her alone is also an option. First, I am exploring ..how both can get it. As, my parents stay alone and father is diabetic and both vegetarian..hence they will prefer to come together.

2. For the purpose of the i/v, shd I request my father employer to give a letter with higher salary. Do VO needs just letter or they may ask for income tax etc.

3. I am planning to call them for 6 weeks duration. She gets 4 weeks off in June as summer vacation and getting 2 more weeks leave shd not be big problem. Asking NOC creates little nervousness among the guys as u know. Still, I am trying for it.

Is NOC must for working person? Or..there is some alternative. I do not wnat to push too hard for NOC and still visa denied. That becomes very difficult for parents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X