Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa for attending conference

hi,
    I am a third year mbbs student in chennai. Recently I got an invitation from a US medical conference to ehich I had sent my project details. Is B2 the visa that I would need to go? What documents should I produce? I am having International letter of invitation and registration details of the project. What are my chances of getting rejected? I dont like to have a 'reject' status as I intend to apply for a student visa sometime later. Please help!!!

The most important issue for the officer is to see
    if you will return. For young med students, doctors, it is hard to get visitor visas because they are very likely not to return.
    Conference visiting is a common excuse, and you will have to convince it is v
    very important for your curriculum. If it appears to be a casual conference
    presentation, I'd say you do not apply.

Comment

thanks

thanks a lot peace. just wanted to ask one more question. Can i take the interview in delhi? I can get the application forwarded thru rashtrapati bhavan by a person who is holding an important position there. will it help????

Comment

I will advise against it. Pulling strings does not work with US visa officers
        and it can go against you for future applications as well.
        Since you plan more serious future applications after graduation, I'd advise you to weigh this one carefully. Do not apply if it is not that important.

Comment

thank u very much peace.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X