B2 visa & permanent resident of Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa & permanent resident of Australia

I'm a permanent resident of Australia & currently in my home country India. I'm planning to visit my maternal uncle for two months in USA. My question is that is it allowed for me to fly from here to USA on B2 visa & after then fly from USA to Australia directly without coming back to India. Will I be granted a B2 visa under these conditions ? And will i be allowed to enter at port of entry in US if i have a confirmed ticket to Australia ?

The issue you have raised absolutely has no bearing on grant of a B2 visa
    or at port of entry.

*When granting a B2 they will be more concerned about IF you will return from US rather than HOW
    ,since you already have shown migratory intent by migrating to australia.
    The advice to you is apply from australia showing strong ties to australia( job, property, family)
    The staff at US embassy in India is more familiar with assessing ties of Indian residents rather than australian residents.
    and it won't be a surprise if you will be denied or be asked to apply in australia, thus wasting an attempt, effort, time and money.

*When entering US, they do not routinely ask for the ticket. They mainly ask 2 questions of all visitors; purpose of visit and desired duration of stay.
    Even if they do look at your ticket, it won't matter .
    Last edited by peace; 02-21-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Thanx for such a quick reply & indeed much helpful too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X