Sister's Family Visa got rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister's Family Visa got rejected

My sister's family visa was denied. All 4 of them (sister, her hubby, daughter, son) had gone together. VO did not even look at tghe papers correctly and just said sorry! No reason was given. He did ask for how much bank balance do you have, how much will you carry per person. Is there any way to find out the reason

the officer made up their mind based on the provided information before the interview. it was probably because they failed to overcome 214(b).
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your quick response..Thats what I am thinking.They did not carry enough documents with them to prove the ties. They have huge business in India,there is no way they will leave that and stay in US forever.

Also, would it make a diffrence if my sister's hubby did not apply for the visa.He doesn't plan to come to US , he just went along with the family.

Also can they reapply immediately, nothing has changed only that they did not carry enough documents to prove the ties as well as financial status.

Comment

The very fact that all 4 of them applied together caused the denial.
        Leaving no family ties in India makes the officer think they may not return.

The wise thing would have been for the hubby not applying.

Now they should wait a few months till the kids' summer vacation
        and
        *mother and children should apply showing hubby's business and tax papers.
        *Should show kids' school enrolment evidence and summer vacation evidence.
        *YOu should only send an invitation letter and should not send any I-134.
        * Ask for a stay of 2 months ( till the vacations last).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X