Reg. Port of Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. Port of Entry

Hi, I have a ten year multiple entry visa. I obtained my visa with my cousin sponsoring me, who is staying at San Francisco. Is it necessary that I have to enter the United States at San Francisco or can I say that I have to visit my uncle at Chicago and get in there, spend a couple of weeks there and then go to San Francisco??

And if I am entering through Chicago, what address should I write on my arrival card??

It won't matter for both entry as well as the address. Enter anywhere you wish. They just need one real address in US where they can reach you if required. Whatever address you write , just stick with it
    while doing any business with immigration during your stay ( change of status
    etc).

Comment

Thanks a lot, but people told me that at the port of entry, they would have all details about who my sponsor is (from my visa interview) and they would question me as to why I am not going to their place now and so, it is safe to have the port of entry where the sponsor is actually from. Is it true?? Now, wouldn't that cause a problem??

Comment

Two questions are routinely asked of every visitor.
        purpose of visit and duration of stay.
        They do not ask everyone to show all documents; there is not much time, there are people waiting in line.
        But you must carry all, in case they do. Actually , it is preferable for a first time visitor to enter at the port where you have business but if a compelling situation demands you entering at a different port, just provide a good explanation. It will also help to show an sf booking( air and lodging).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X