Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting B2 visa from toronto - on work permit in canada

Hi All

Im on work permit in Canada which is valid for another 4 months. But I DO NOT have a valid canadian visa stamped on my passport, though my status is still valid as worker in canada.

Can I apply for US B2 visa from toronto. Do I need to have valid canadian visa.

Thanks

Just curious as to ...

... how did you get into Canada without a visa on your passport?

Comment

Well, Im in canada on work permit for last 3 years which gets renewed every year. But I could not send my passport for visa stamping when I got my last work permit renewal.

I understand that I cannot re-enter canada without a Valid visa, though I have a work permit. But while entering canada from US by LAND we just need the status document (and not Canadian visa). So, can I get US visa even though my canadian visa is expired.

Comment

You can ...

... use the work permit and related documentation to apply for an US visa.

Though they're bound to ask you on how did you first enter the country without a valid visa. Nope, you don't have to tell me/us here, but just be prepared.

Remember one thing though, no matter what, every person is allowed to apply. It's just the matter of getting the visa or losing the application fee.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X