Invitation letter required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation letter required?

My friend and i were recently successful in getting a 1 year b2 visa. We plan on entering the USA in May for about 5 and a half months.

On our visa application forms we put down that our trip will be funded entirely by ourselves so we're self sponsered but on the address of where we'll be staying we put down our friends details in south carolina. So for POE purposes do we still need an invitation letter from my friend or as its self funded do we not need one?

We plan on staying with her for about one month so do the POE officers need details/proof of what we'll be doing and where we'll be staying for the rest of the trip?

Nope ...

... since you didn't require a sponsor you don't need any invitation letter.

Unless you plan to stay with your friend and do not have any hotel reservations.

Don't forget your medical insurance.
    https://www.insubuy.com/
    Last edited by knowledgeable; 03-02-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

We had down on our visa application forms the name and address of the person we were planning on staying with. If we show the POE officers a hotel/motel as the address we are staying at and not the person we had down on the visa forms would there be any problems?

Comment

Not really ...

... as long as you have a reservation you're good. You can always have a backup plan or something changed due to which your friend was unable to accommodate you.

However, since you mentioned that you did mention your friend's name/address as the place where you'll stay, it'll be a good idea to have his invitation letter in your hand, just in case.

Take care and enjoy your stay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X