Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa

Hi,

I have applied for the tourist visa in Feb, 2008 and it was rejected for 214(b). We also applied in 2002 and that time my family was rejected visa, but my parents got the 10 year multiple entry visa.

I am planning to apply again for the tourist visa in March, 2008. We all shall apply for the Visa (my wife and 2 daughters aged 9 and 3 years).

My younger brother is a US citizen and we are going to attend the House warming party and tourism with no intention of staying there. My parents have been to USA 3 times.

I am into travel business with good earning and good property and investment in India. Besides we also have quite good amount of US Dollar and Euro in our bank account. As to meet our expenses in USA. We shall be self sponsored. I have also travelled to Europe.

What are our chances of getting the visa? Is it ok that we all apply for the visa together?

We would like to apply for the hindi interview, as last time we had some problem in explaining things to officer. But, we are not getting hindi appointment. So what we should do?

We have all the documents including Invitation letter from my brother. But, they have not seen any document.

I heard about this Self Attested Notary letter, could you also tell me more about this.

Thanks for all your help.

The most important issue that the officers think about is
    "WHAT ARE THE TIES TO INDIA THAT WILL BRING THIS PERSON BACK?"

If all of you are applying , even if you have good business in India, you will certainly be denied because ;

*you are leaving no family ties in India( parents are not considered important ties, only wife and kids are)
    *Your US citizen brother in US is a BIG NEGATIVE because the officer thinks he will help all of you settle there.
    *Your purpose of visit is so casual;who would go 14000 miles for a house warming ceremony leaving behind a running business.

YOU NEED TO THINK OF A GOOD PRESENTATION OR YOU WILL BE DENIED AGAIN 100%.

PLEASE PROVIDE THE DETAILS OF FEB INTERVIEW FOR PROPER ADVICE.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The questions asked where things went wrong were:
      1. What you do? We told them we are Inbound Tour Operator to which she understood that we send tours outside India, and her next 2-3 questions where on outbound tours. To which we again told her that we are in-bound tour operator. But there was all confusion.
      2. Salary was second confusion, we told her that we own the company and its a proprietorship firm. So, we do not draw any salary. Again, we failed here.

After the interview, we send a letter to the embassy with the details like yearly income, property details, business (inbound), daughter school details and invitation letter. And, we are waiting for the reply if they do send one.

Meanwhile, my brother in USA also managed to send an email from Congressman to the embassy.

My brother is a citizen, and there is little i can do. As they have that in recorded and would not like lie on anything.

And the reason is also house warming and tourism.

What you think could be a better presentation.

Or should we apply in 2 lots. First just me and then my wife with daughters. May be in gap of 2-3 weeks.

But will this solve the problem of strong bond in India?

I never thought going to USA was so difficult. I got all my visa to Europe in first chance.

looking forward for your reply.

regards

Comment

1.The most important thing you need to do is WAIT.wait at least 6 months.
        Applying too soon shows desperation and you will land with another denial regardless of if you apply in 1s, 2s or 4s.

2.The next thing you need to do is CHANGE THE PURPOSE.
        Throw "house warming and tourism" out of the window.
        You should first go ALONE on a business trip since you are a tour operator.
        Get a business alliance in US. Exchange some correspondence.
        Business visa is easier to get than a visitor visa if you make a proper presentation.
        Show strong balance sheets of your business, registration in your name,
        strong IT returns.

Comment

Thanks,

Let me work on your suggestions as they sound good and logical.

Even the officer told me that it shall be better you apply alone and visit USA for 1-2 times, and then plan to take your family with you.

In case i have more questions, i shall be back.

Thanks a lot and regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X